Monday, October 25, 2004

Eviction night - off to the Cross!

A bunk with a view...


You think hostels in Sydney, you think King's Cross. And indeed that's where I ended up on Friday afternoon. One weeks hostel accomodation - $144. I think that works out at 8pounds a night (no pound sign on the keyboard). I'm in a shared dorm with three other guys - one Brit, one German, and one New Zealander. Actually, bizarrely, I prefer this. I feel more like I'm in Sydney and less like I'm intruding. Next weekend the flatshare adverts come out and I'll be looking to move on - so a couple of dorm-bound weeks will do me no harm.


It also feels less like I'm in some kind of TV soap opera - although we went to a BBQ on Sunday that was very British in style - burned sausages and heavy rain. But it was good fun - the heavy rain turned into a crazy thunderstorm with crashes and bangs aplenty. The weather here is never dull, that's for sure...