Thursday, June 08, 2006

Spot the difference

Alrighty, a quick housekeeping post before the weekend's potentially large report concerning a certain football tournament which begins tomorrow. But I'll say more about the World Cup then - in the meantime, some important (yet uninteresting) news!

Firstly, the eagle eyed DUaB regulars might have noticed a slight change in some of the photos for the posts below. This is due to me accidentally stumbling across something called Macromedia Fireworks on the new PC that appeared in my flat when I was in London. It means with a bit of clicking and dragging, and a fair amount of swearing, I can turn the pixellated photos of old into sharper images of the same size - or even crop them to make prettier images. I've put a couple of examples below, with the new improved version above the old image as seen on DUaB previously. Over the next few weeks I'll be going back over the archive and transforming the photos - exciting!

Secondly, it appears I might be going to Scandinavia in July for a few weeks, Inter-railing through Sweden, Norway and Finland. Yep, you read that correctly - Inter-railing. I'm still in my 20's, I think it's allowed (our choice of Scandinavia has nothing to do with the Norwegian entry from Eurovision, by the way). It should be a final swangsong for my backpacking days - although I might be going to Vancouver for New Year, so my voyages will continue. Which brings me neatly to another link appeared on the right there, called 'My Life of Travel'. It's a travel-writing blog ring, and so far I've just copied my short travel bursts from DUaB to MLoT. Over time I'll be going over them and re-writing them with more flowery language and longer words to make me look smarter, and so forth. So something for you to read when that Switzerland v Togo World Cup match just doesn't capture the imagination...



New photos above old...