Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Wishes from DUaB!

Ho ho ho, everybody (and so forth)


So here we are again, the festive time of year is upon us! Well, really it was upon us at the start of November thanks to the evils of marketing, but I think December the 20th is near enough for the Christmas post. All the streets are lit up, the shops are crowded with nervous looking men, and Nigella Lawson and her hobbity children have just been on the telly cooking sprouts with chestnuts and marsala. Tomorrow is my last day at work (for a week), it's my final office Christmas lunch (out of four), and then there's the muddled packing and Virgin train experience back home for the holiday. Although I managed to get a cheapo First-Class ticket so I'll be all hoity for a few hours. Get me.

If you've been with me for a while, you might know I shut down briefly over the celebratory period - I find it hard to think of things to write about when I'm brim full of sprouts and lager. So I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas, wherever you are, and get that special present you always wanted (Optimus Prime, here's hoping). 2006 has been a pretty good year, blogwise, as I reached the hallowed 20 hits a day average (I've slipped back to 16 now - I blame the posts about museums), and got my 5000th visitor - although I bumbled along for over a year before I got the counter uploaded. I also found all kinds of great reads out there in the blogosphere, I heartily reccommend the links while I'm off for a week.

Speaking of which, after that week I'll be back with a bang, as once again I'm on the road, rediscovering the true substance of DUaB - it started out as a travel blog (the DU bit), after all. On the 30th of December I go off for a two-week trip, so check back then for live daily updates. Until then, have a very happy Christmas, and I'll see you all again in Vancouver, Canada.