Thursday, December 13, 2007

Albums of the year 2007


Reading through papers and magazines at this time, they are usually full of 'Best of' lists for the previous twelve months. DUaB regulars know there's hardly an idea out there I haven't borrowed for my own purposes, so it's time for my top 10 albums of the year. Last December I wrote down the pick of 2006 on my MySpace site, but as the kids have all moved on from Tom's networking site, I thought I'd put the list up here instead. Special bonus, underneath is the list from last year, updated with a couple that slipped the net in '06. Be sure and let me know if you agree/disagree/don't recognise any of them...


2007 Albums of the Year

Apples in Stereo - New Magnetic Wonder
Dan Deacon - Spiderman of the Rings
Immaculate Machine - Fables
Justice - Cross
Laakso - Mother am I Good Looking?
Lucy and the Popsonics - A Fabula (ou a Farsa?) De Dois Eletropandas
The National - Boxer
The Noisettes - What's the Time Mr Wolf?
Simian Mobile Disco - Attack Decay Sustain Release
Stars - In Our Bedroom After the War


2006 Albums of the Year

Asobi Seksu - Citrus
CSS - CSS Suxx
The Capes - Hello
Delays - You See Colours
The Format - Dog Problems
The Golden Dogs - Big Eye Little Eye
The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America
Numero - L'ideologie des stars
Silversun Pickups - Carnavas
The Sounds - Dying To Say This To You