Sunday, January 16, 2005

Something on the horizon

The NSW/Queensland day-nighter at the Telstra (Olympic) Stadium



Almost immediately after I wrote my last post bemoaning the slowness of temp agencies here, I got an email from one of the seven I joined asking to meet with me. So this week I have two meetings with prospective employers - both of whom said that despite the slow nature of January's in Sydney, they have plenty of jobs in. So hopefully I should get something fairly soon. This weekend I had a relatively quiet time, on Saturday I went to another cricket match - this time at the Telstra Stadium, the Olympic athletics stadium, which they have converted into a cricket venue. It's an impressive stadium, especially at night with all the lights on - but for a domestic cricket match with 15,000 spectators, it was a tad empty...