Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Three months are up

The Harbour Bridge, taken on my walk home from work last night



This Friday is my last day here in the cut and thrust world of pensions, as my allotted three months expires. So far my plan is coming together as I can more or less work up to my NZ trip, and then hopefully start again when I return. Not here though, as another of the visa rules is that I can't work in the same place twice - so I'll be shunted off somewhere else by my agency. I called them the other day, and they were practically begging me to re-sign with them when I get back in June - either it's the 50hr weeks I've been doing, or they just really like me. I think I know which.

The three months here have given me the money to live in Sydney, which was the main reason I came over here after all. There was no way I could have lived here for the full twelve months on my visa without some kind of work. The people here have been good to me, they are fairly flexible towards us humble temps. Admittedly it hasn't filled me with a love of Investments - I can't understand how some people can spend entire careers doing this - there's nothing Super about Superannuation. But I can walk away and immediately forget everything I learned here, which is one of the true joys of temping...